Monday, August 22, 2016

award winning writer


Just old mate flexing his hilarious writing skills as he takes a quick break from what I can only imagine is writing a misogynistic spec script for Mad Men?

Thank fuck it is no longer my interest to care about a single syllable he makes, but just as he apparently couldn't resist, for old times sake, now neither can I.

Always lovely to see him undeservedly making light of things he knows nothing of;

A) The Holocaust. I'm sure he's watched a BBC documentary or two on this over the years but making a comment like this shows he is unable to actually begin to comprehend the pain. Furthermore anyone who thinks they have a lineage right to make jokes due to whatever blood they have pumping through their veins is delusional.

B) Love. The sheer beauty, depth and magic of this story is love, friendship and not only survival but new life. To make fun of this is sad, pathetic and disgusting.

C) Me. To think that I might find any of this remotely amusing ever, let alone days after our relationship has ended is not only disrespectful, it is a perfect example of how out of touch this person is. Even if I asked him how this sort of embarrassing (for him) comment on my facebook wall might make me feel me, I don't think he would know.

Where is your empathy, where is your respect, where is your humour? I realise love is a tough one for you so I won't question you on that.

I do however agree with one point he is making. It is possible to condemn yourself to a metaphoric prison. Sadly in this way I feel that his words are eerily perceptive and alas serve as a sort of prophecy.

This last paragraph makes me realise I haven't lost my sense of dark humor, because as write it I laugh. The joke is on you sad man.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-08-17/a-holocaust-love-story/7729134

No comments:

Post a Comment